Onswipe makes your site display a special layout to anyone using an iPad. For iPad viewers, your default theme will be ignored and instead your content will be displayed in a way optimized for the handheld device.
To enable this plugin on your site:
- Log in to your site.
- Click “Plugins” and activate “Onswipe”.
- Under “Appearance” -> “Onswipe” you should have the following settings:
- “Display a special theme for iPad users”: Check to enable Onswipe.
- “Cover Display”: Onswipe shows a splash page. This option determines what’s on that page.
- “Cover Logo”: Logo for your site that will be on the cover page.
- “Launch Screen Image”: image to display while launching if a user adds your site as an iPad WebApp.
- “Display Font”: font for text.
- “Skin Color”: overall color scheme to use.
To make the most out of your Onswipe index page, you should add a “Featured Image” to each post.
- Edit or create a new post.
- On the right, scroll down to “Featured Image”.
- Click “Set featured image”.
- This image will now be displayed behind your post title on index pages.