My First Blog Ever

I have never blogged in my life! I feel the need to disclose this fact first. I don’t have anything against bloggers and I have often read the blogs of others. I just never really thought to try it. Whenever I feel like sharing my thoughts or feelings I usually just pick up the phone and call a friend or send an email. It is a little weird now that I think about it that I haven’t blogged before. I consider myself a techno savvy person. I love everything related to technology and have several apple mobile devices for my two boys and me. Plus blogging would probably improve my writing skills.  So why not blog?

Despite all of my good reasons to take up blogging the truth behind my first blog ever is that I am doing it because it is a required part of my grade.  I am starting to realize that perhaps I am not that different in some ways than that “old-school” teacher who refuses to utilize or integrate the SmartBoard into her curriculum and instruction.  Our personal styles and comfort zones play a strong role in how we choose to share our thoughts and feelings. It also affects the tools a teacher selects and uses. The above is also affected by our experiences growing up. As I noted before I would consider myself tech savvy and a digital native. But after exploring several of the readings I now realize that I fit the category of Generation X. I grew up with things like computers, emails, and Atari. That experience is vastly different from Generation Y or the Millennials who are growing up within the context mobile online social communities with technology in their pockets and every facet of their life. As I continued to peruse the readings, I also explored Twitter for the first time. I had never looked at it before. I thought it was something teenagers did and I regarded it as kind of ridiculous. I was so surprised to see that I could follow the Council for Exceptional Children, the US Department of Ed, CNN, etc. It is wonderful. Convenient and totally accessible! My point to all of this is that even though the use of mobile technologies is growing exponentially, it will take some time and motivation to help the non-Millennials integrate this technology into their individual cultures.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to My First Blog Ever

1. Mr WordPress says:

Hi, this is a comment.
    To delete a comment, just log in and view the post's comments. There you will have the option to edit or delete them.